Hey Book Nerds!
If you caught the episode last week, you’ll have ventured through the history of cookbooks. And most of those cookbooks were not only used to cook up loads of tasty treats, but also were a bit “normal.”
But as mentioned in the episode, my research sent me wandering the Internet lanes in search of some less normal cookbooks. And that research turned up some doozies!
This was a bonus feature for the folks on The Book Owl Podcast Newsletter, but I figured these were too good to keep to myself. And who knows, you might need one of these for your holiday baking.
Warning: These may either leave you feeling too disgusted to eat any holiday treats, or laughing so hard you forget it’s 2020. Wait, that might be a good thing.
Alright, you’ve been warned, here’s….
Seven Very Scary/Strange/Silly Cookbooks
You just can’t make this stuff up…
- Manifold Destiny: The One, The Only Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine (as it says, you’ll be the envy of the road stop)
- The Star Trek Cookbook (I hope there’s not a recipe for tribbles in there!)
- And not to be outdone, there’s also Wookie Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook (Baby Yoda was NOT allowed to submit a recipe for this one)
- The Kitty-Cat Cookbook: Special Occassion Recipes to Brighten Your Cat’s Life (But does it have a lasagna recipe for Garfield?)
- The Original Road Kill Cookbook (accept no imitations…actually, I’m not even sure why you’d want the original, but to each their own)
- Cooking for Your Evil Twin (um….I’d suggest strychnine sandwiches)
- By Hook or by Cook: The Official Nevada Brothel Cookbook (hey, a working lady’s got to eat, right? Just don’t ask what’s in the bearnaise sauce.)
Of course, if you missed the episode and want to learn what rotting meat and imaginary friends have to do with the evolution of cookbooks, just click the image below or search for The Book Owl Podcast on your favorite podcast app.
And if you’d like to join the flock, don’t forget to sign up for The Book Owl Podcast Newsletter. You’ll not only receive a bonus tidbit with every episode but you’ll also get your very own Book Owl coloring pages!
*Note: Those book links above are affiliate links. They cost you nothing extra, but if you purchase anything I earn a tiny commission.